Open Water Course Description:
The Open Water course is the gateway to scuba diving, all must pass through it. Today diving is more than just an adventure sport. It makes for a community and a method of active travel. The scuba industry is growing faster than ever. With entry level divers often going upto Divemaster/Instructor ratings.
The journey for everyone begins with the experience of being under, breathing, being weightless in the ocean. Online theory material, detailed instructions, tons of Q&A rounds, stay, transfers, chilling and awesome diving are already incorporated in the plan. Our instructors believe in learning through repetition as a method of teaching. Therefore information overload is to be avoided, and steps must be followed. Read on through, do get in touch with your questions. Once you commit, rest shall follow seamlessly.
The location for this adventure is Havelock Island. This is where we host the majority of scuba courses in India. It also happens to be one the best destinations for SCUBA DIVING within the country. The pristine waters offer excellent visibility, and the diving regulation and centers have evolved over time to attain a global repute.
All our courses and dives are conducted and supervised by our in-house instructors and staff. We work with the select best dive centers. Leverage the best equipment, boat, slots for you based on decades of local experience. So join us on this adventure, check this one off the bucket list with Us!
AOW Water Course Description:
Advanced takes only 2.5 days. This course consists of 5 unique dives and includes 30m deep dive, navigation, night dive, perfect buoyancy or photography (for underwater/adventure camera owners – please carry a 30M resilient housing for your gopro/action cams) dive.
We conduct both courses in continuity and there is a reason for this. The first 4 dives of the open water course teach us how to handle ourselves in water, while exploring reef fish and shallower marine life . It is like learning to balance on a bicycle for the first time, without hurting yourself 🙂 This takes time, but once you get it, then comes the exploring.. So conducting both courses gives students more time with the instructor, leading to a mastery of self controlled underwater buoyant adventures.
The world class dive sites further out at sea, boat rides and snacks at sea also come with the AOW course. This is where you begin to taste what a lifetime of dive travel vacays could be like.
Course Duration : 6 nights/7 days
- You’ll be greeted by our assistant at the airport with warmth, he’ll then assist you with the transfer to Havelock Island by private Makruzz ferry. We book the best seats for you, and recommend the best lunch spots if your flight and ferry have a gap.
- Once on the island, you check-in to your resort. Followed by an immediate orientation and introduction with the Instructor. Post this you can laze and freshen up for a bit.
- The evening is spent doing some equipment sizing check, equipment assembly classes and instructional videos.
- Some study material may be handed over, depending on the focus you display during video sessions. Remember the instructor will always be watching out for your fun and learning both. You can proceed for dinner and rest.
- You begin the Open Water course with confined shallow water training in water shallow enough to stand in, waist deep. This essentially embarks us on the scuba journey with our very first breaths underwater, together.
- The scuba instruction for the day will be covered in detail an evening prior. This method of instructions ensures there is no overload, and we continue to learn while also exploring Havelock island.
- Diving occupies the first half of the day daily, the second half is free for you to roam and explore. Two Wheeler Rental can be found at Cafe Salt Water, along with the best pizza, burger and local seafood.
- Post diving in the day, spots to explore, chill and barbecue will be highlighted by your instructor. They always know the best local scenes. (Some other awesome cafe options are Full Moon / Something Different / Bonova / Barefoot Bar… etc. )
- We take part in our very first scuba dives off a shore, to a maximum depth of 12 meters. We conduct two dives daily from this point on. No more than three dives per day are permitted from a safety standpoint.
- The dive will be around a fringing reef, where you’ll see marine life in its natural habitat buzzing right across your mask without ever touching you. Remember we take nothing but photos, and leave nothing but bubbles. More on this on the island.
- The second half is free for you to explore. Highly recommended is Radha Nagar beach, from 3:30 pm onwards till sunset. It is considered one of the best sunsets in the world. The beach has spots to make a picnic out of, that we’ll guide you through.
- The evening remains at your disposal for hanging, studying a little and more chilling followed by adequate rest.
- Soon enough with effort, you will be on your way to complete the OW course on this day. With two more dives to a maximum of 18 meter depth, followed by a short 50 question MCQ will make you eligible. This evening calls for a celebration and rest for the learning mind.
- This evening will have a surprise dinner party in store for you. Where the cuisine, the spot and the vibe will remain a surprise till you arrive.
- Today you start with Day 1 of the AOW course. The ultimate course in scuba diving, fondly remembered as the best by all experienced divers. It is here that you get a chance to master the skills of OW Course with your instructor and explore new deeper dive sites, further out at sea. The basic concepts from OW remain the same, which makes this course more diving and less instructions.
- After the dives, laze around the resort. Try cycling or riding on a two-wheeler to Kala Pathar beach. It is a beautiful drive. Be back in time for the night dive. Yes the advanced course comes with a night dive, conducted off a shore. It is magical to say the least, and elevates one’s day diving comfort to another level.
- This will be a tiring day with 3 dives, so adequate daily hydration and rest is a must to complete the entire trip in style.
- We’ll leave early for a dawn dive at a deep site, followed by a shallow dive at a world class site. These two will mark the end of the AOW course. With departure for Port Blair in the evening, there will be adequate time to packup.
- Once rested and packed, thank the dive crew, exchange numbers with new friends and proceed to the jetty for your private Makruzz ferry to Port Blair.
- Post check-in at the hotel, this evening will be spent exploring town. Getting some night life out of it for those interested. Light and Sound shows at the cellular jail can also be arranged for those into history. Souvenirs are best purchased at Sagarika Emporium in Port Blair. Our vehicle will make a default stop here for all.
- After breakfast, proceed to the airport and have a safe flight back to the mainland. Your certifications will be processed within 48 hours of your departure. At this point, you’d have achieved a new frontier. A license to dive, anywhere in the world, valid for a lifetime. We look forward to seeing you on this trip.
per student, inclusive of all local transfers, stay with breakfast on double occupancy and diving fees. 5% GST Extra.
per head, inclusive of all local transfers, sightseeing, stay with breakfast on double occupancy. 5% GST Extra.
1. Accommodation in A/C Deluxe Room
(3 *at all destinations).
2. Daily Buffet Breakfast.
3. Lifetime Scuba License Fee –
OW Course 4 dives + AOW Course 5 dives.
4. Inter-island ferry tickets & Airport Transfers.
Port Blair :
(Executive Room on Single Occupancy) / (Luxury Room on Double Occupancy)
Outback Resort (Deluxe Room)
Add on Activities
1. Boat Scuba Dive
(Underwater photography is complementary and included)
2. Shore Try Scuba
(Underwater photography is complementary and included)
3. Glass Bottom Boat ride @600/ person.
4. Jet Ski @600/person.
5. Banana Boat @600/person.
6. Speed Boat @600/person.
7. Parasailing @3200/person.
8. Sea Walk @3500/person.
You may also like
- Unavoidable weather circumstances may lead to changes without prior notice.
- Itinerary subject to weather conditions.
- Transportation in Andaman is from a point-to-point basis and not a disposable basis.
- Check-out time in Andaman is 8.00 am.
- Two wheelers are available on a 24hr basis costing Rs 600/- per scooter.
- Driving license is mandatory for driving in Andamans.
- Passport or Valid IDs per pax required for Ferry Bookings.
- Negative RT PCR report, no older than 48 hours from arrival time is mandatory.
- 5% GST Extra is applicable.