Water Activities In The Andaman Islands
Going to an island for a holiday, naturally makes you wonder about the water activities that you can do there. When it comes to the Andaman Islands, there a wide range of water activities, that can be enjoyed by both swimmers and non-swimmers. To help you plan your holiday better, below we have listed our top six recommended water activities.
- Snorkeling: This is one of the most popular things to indulge in while in the Andamans. With excellent instructors guiding you, even non-swimmers can experience life underwater. One can have a look at those amazing schools of different species of fishes, colorful coral reefs, and so much more while swimming in the crystal-clear blue waters. You will be provided by the snorkeling centers with the appropriate gear, so you have nothing to fear. A few of the best locations for snorkeling include Elephant Beach, North Bay, and JollyBouy.
- Scuba Diving: It is another exciting activity to try while in the Andaman Islands. Many scuba diving centers on the island will help you get the PADI certificate before trying it out in the open sea. For non-swimmers they have special locations picked out, so you won’t have to miss out on anything. It is an excellent way to experience marine life. Elephant Beach is where you get to best enjoy it.
- Banana Boat Ride: This is one of the most fun things to do here. You will be sitting with 5 more people on a boat that is shaped like a banana, hence the name. Tied behind a speed boat, banana boat rides are both thrilling and safe at the same time. Life jackets are provided, and you will be accompanied by an instructor until the end of the ride. Be sure to hold on to the ropes attached to each side of the boat.
- Sea Karting: It is one of the newest additions in the world of water activities on the island. The fun part is you get to drive a watercraft on your own, with the help of a certified instructor accompanying you. Sitting behind the wheel of a Seakart is an adrenaline rush like no other. Only 2 other destinations in the world offer this recreation – Mauritius, and Dubai.
- Parasailing: One of the many activities that can be enjoyed by a non-swimmer as well, is parasailing. You will be harnessed in a parachute while flying with the wind as the speed boat takes you for a spin. Now and then you will get the chance to dip in the water, which is what makes this sport an excellent choice as it gives you the best of both worlds.
- Sea Walking: Imagine getting to see the fishes underwater without having to gasp for air. Underwater sea walking lets you do just that. The person will need to wear a helmet while being underwater, which allows you to look at the marine life hassle-free. It is almost as if you get to be up close and personal with the fishes. There will be an instructor with you for the complete duration. This activity is certainly a must-try while in the Andaman Islands.
Apart from the ones mentioned above, visitors can also enjoy kayaking amidst mangroves, glass-bottom boating, jet skiing, speed boating, sport fishing, angling, and seaplane ride to name a few. GoAndamans will organize your choice of water sport, so you won’t have to waste your time booking it on your own.