The Andaman islands are just a beautiful travel destination for those who want to get away from the hustle and bustle of society. The islands are also a mecca for watersport enthusiasts in India. The Andaman Islands offers a plethora of water activities for every type of traveler. Scuba Diving is one such activity that both visitors and islanders enjoy. It is considered one of the best scuba diving destinations for Indian diving fanatics. And if you’r looking to get Scuba certification a lot of scuba diving centers on the island will help you get the PADI & SSI certificate before diving in the open sea.
Below we have listed some of the best diving spots in the Archipelago.
- Havelock Island is among the most popular diving locations in the Andamans. There are air-conditioned catamaran ferries available to take you to this island from Port Blair. This island alone has some of the best spots for this sport.
- Lighthouse being the largest diving site, is famous for its night diving with a depth of 6-18 meters. Although it is open to all divers, a PADI/SSI certification is mandatory to experience this at night. Divers get to witness both hard and soft corals, along with other marine beings like Octopuses, Humpback Parrotfish, Lionfish to name a few.
- Aquarium is best suited for beginners with a depth of about 10-12 meters and very soft predictable currents. It is filled with hard corals and schools of fish.
- Mac Point is famous for spotting Dugongs which is a Sirenian mammal, usually found in Australia and Eastern Africa. The depth here is 10-14 meters and is suitable for all divers.
- In Barracuda City you get to swim with sea turtles, and spot fishes like Blue-spotted Stingrays, Coralfish, Surgeonfish. You also get to see beautiful colorful corals. This site has a depth of 25-30 meters and is only suitable for intermediate and expert divers.
- Seduction Point is another spot suitable only for intermediate and expert divers with a depth of 6-18 meters. It is an enormous rock surrounded by aquatic life that includes Staghorn Corals, and Napoleans.
- Neil Island also has some amazing diving spots. It is a small island that can be covered in two hours. The underwater life on this island is still left quite unexplored.
- Margherita’s Mischief is a very tranquil location for diving with placid currents. You can spot Dugongs, Batfish, Soldierfish, Angelfish, etc., here. This is suitable for all levels of divers with a depth of 7-16 meters.
- At K Rock anyone can go for diving, whether you are a beginner or expert as it has calm currents. The depth here is 12-19 meters. It is an enormous volcanic rock that sits erect on a sandy seabed, where one can see fishes like Butterflyfish, Sweetlips, Snappers, etc.
- Bus Stop is a sloping seabed with a sandy bottom and tiny reefs. Perfect for all levels of divers with a depth of 14-20 meters.
- The Junction is not for the faint-hearted. It is suitable only for intermediate and expert divers. The current here is much stronger than the other spots. Underwater life like Reef Sharks, Lionfishes, Barracudas, can be found here. It is about 20-30 meters deep.
If you are a diving enthusiast, then the Andaman Islands will not leave you disappointed with its range of locations. If you are wondering which is the best dive center you can go for, don’t worry, leave that to GoAndamans.in and we will help organize your scuba diving sessions with the best dive centers and divers with more than a decade of experience. Happy Diving!